Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Basketweave Braided Star Block

 I mentioned yesterday 
that the 
Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild
has a Bee going on.
Each month the group 
makes a block for 
one of the members.
Fabric and pattern is
provided by that 
month's host.
 For the upcoming May block
brought her sample
and kits to make the
Basketweave Braided Star Block
 love, love, love this cute
little paper pieced 
log cabin-ish
great way to use up scraps
 block.
Free PDF template
and Tutorial 
offered by 
Nydia shows one block 
with scrappy colors.
And another sample using
solids in one color hues.
Be still my heart!
I have been pawing through 
my scraps and 
dreaming 
about making this quilt.
I like how the finished size
ends up being a nice large
12-inch block.
Now I just wish 
I could sit
at my machine
all day long
 and make
one block after another.

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very striking!

Unknown said...

Love this! Very, very appealing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that pattern! very nice and I haven't seen it much at all.

Nanette Merrill said...

ohh lala, love the modern basketweave star. Each one is a work of art.

Kris said...

What a fun, unique block!! I really like them, especially the bright scrappy one!!

Lori Holt said...

Oh I LOVE this block Nedra!!!!

Nydia Kehnle - Nydia@add-crafter.com said...

Thank you so much for posting a link to my blog.. I really appreciate it! Can't wait to see more blocks!
nydia@add-crafter

Rosa said...

Great pattern and blocks any one `s just wonderful!1