Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vintage Faux Chenille Baby Quilt

 While I was walking through
the lanes of vendors
at the AQG Show
the
stopped me dead in my tracks.
 I fell 
IN LOVE
with this darling baby quilt
made with vintage sheets.
 Owner Nannette Holmberg
said she was in an
on-line exchange 
where they shared 
vintage sheet squares.
From there she designed this
soft and cuddly baby quilt using 
her
 This is the first I've seen the
and let me tell you,
Nannette has come up with all kinds of wonderful ideas
for quilters.
I can hardly wait to start playing with it.
 The bias tape comes in 
pre-cut 5/8" rolls.
The directions are very easy:
Lay the strip in place, and 
sew a straight stitch down the center.
Machine wash and dry your quilt
and the 
Chenille-It 
fluffs for a soft embellishment.
 Nannette is from Salt Lake City
(where we raised our family)
and it was a delight to meet her 
and to see all of the creative things she has designed
with her products.
Her designs have been featured in 
Quilt Magazines,
galleries and museums.
She has a large selection 
of Wearable Patterns 
that can be found on her web site 
Tomorrow I will show you more 
colorful and creative quilts from 
the 

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm very impressed. Another Nanette! I really like this idea. Could you bind a quilt with it?