Friday, April 26, 2013

Quilted Chairs

In our struggling economy 
it's common to see 
web sites 
with DIY Tutorials
repaint old furniture
with bright new colors.
It's impressive to know that
it's now  
cool 
 to
decorate our living spaces
using the oft repeated mantra 
 Make Do
Revamp
or
Make Old New Again
Did you know that the term
Repurpose
actually became an official word in 1984?
 That's why I was especially interested 
to see these
Quilted Chairs
on display at the
Arizona Quilters Guild Show
 So what do you think?
 Are you ready to take grandma's old chair
and add a few half square triangles 
in Kaffe fabrics?
I might possibly get away with
 the blue one in my sewing room,
but I know Mr. Cactus
would put his foot down on the
hot pink number.
The mantra in our home
would soon
chant to the
Pig Latin version
Ix-nay on the Air-chay

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I would absolutely turn grandma's goose neck rocker into a quilting chair! I've seen this done many years ago on display at a quilt show. I wanted one then and I still want one.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Very cool!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those chairs are so cool, I don't have any like them but I think they look great revamped with patchwork.

Needled Mom said...

Those are wild!! I love the hsts.