Sunday, September 15, 2013

Starry Eyed Quilt Block

is hosted this month
by the wonderful 
Sinta Borland (Pink Pincuhion)
 Sinta sent each of us in the group
 the fabric to make  the
Starry Eyed Block
Free pattern offered by
Angela of Fussy Cut 
over on Moda Bake Shop
 This really was a fun block to make
It ends up being quite large
finishing at 16-inches
 I have never made a 
wonky star before
and it was quite a freeing technique.
This is one of the things I love about being part of a Bee.
I am trying new things I have always wanted to learn
but probably never would have taken the time for.
 Sinta chose some really cute fabric.
(although it did remind me I need to get the laundry done:)
The original quilt over on Moda Bake Shop
I like it!
This would be a great stash buster.
I just may have to add this to 
my to-do list.
Love those Bees Knees
 Thanks Sinta!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love star quilts!

Lynette said...

That would be a great scraps-buster. I love the alternate square blocks with the starry-eyed star blocks.

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great block and a fabulous quilt. Love it. Stars rule.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am a little late on the comment, but I love that block and the fabrics are too cute!