Friday, August 24, 2012

Split Ohio Star Block

I'm quite late in completing the latest block with Blogger's Block of The Month.
July 25th was the big reveal for Block #11 Split Ohio Star designed by Victoria Findlay Wolfe.
Oh well, better late than never.
And I did manage to slip in and complete my blocks just in the nick of time before the next block will be revealed tomorrow.
Whew!
(by the way, just where did August go?)

I really like Victoria's tutorial on how to make the Split Ohio Star.
I make two of every block now.

I've placed the blocks I've completed so far up on my design wall, and it makes me happy to see them playing together.

It's been fun to pull out my Kaffe fabrics each month for this fun Quilt Along.
Now I'm really curious to see how Jackie will instruct us in putting them together in a setting.
Maybe tomorrow we will know more?

6 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Your blocks are divine Nedra, and you are way in front of me! Don't they look fabulous in Kaffe's? I can't wait to see Jackie's sashing ideas either. xo

Lynette said...

They look wonderful up there all together :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the blocks, pretty.

Janet said...

I love how both sets of blocks are looking. It'll be fun to see the setting for sure.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that split star. The possibilities are endless with that.

***** 6th try here with that word verification!!! What have they done with these words???? GRRRR

Unknown said...

Love your blocks.