Thursday, September 2, 2010

Christmas Pennie Pockets

What do you do with your scraps of Christmas fabric that are left over and too cute to throw in the bin?
I made Pennie Pockets with my left over pieces from Hip Hop Holiday.

I found the free tutorial for these cute Pennie Pockets designed by Happy Zombie over on Moda Bake Shop.








I love making yo yo's with the easy to use Quick Yo Yo Maker by Clover.
Have you tried using these?
These Pennie Pockets can be made for any holiday. I thought these would be nice filled with Christmas candy.
I know it feels like Christmas is still very far away, but I realize it will sneak up before we know it.
I would like to give handmade gifts this year, and my "to do" list is long.
These are now tucked away for neighbor gifts.
You can also make the pockets without handles.
Or add ric rac for an easy handle.
Very fun to make and they work up fast.

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

So sweet and such a great idea for your scraps.

Carol said...

Those are so darn cute!

Material Mary said...

Wow! Thanks for a quick gift idea. I can always use new and fresh ideas for the gift giving season.
Mary

Nanette Merrill said...

Thanks for reminding us about this great idea. You're on top of things Nedra.

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

very cute, need some on my tree!!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oh these are gorgeous Nedra, what a great idea, thanks for the link! xo

Nat Palaskas said...

I love everything Christmasies and this is cute. I have a pattern to make one this Christmas too - Hugs Nat

Unknown said...

Those are too cute, I am going to get that pattern.

AnnieO said...

Really cute! I just got one of those yo yo makers but have only made one yo yo so far, LOL!

Micki said...

That is just perfect for Christmas!
Micki