Friday, April 27, 2012

Barbara Polston Quilts

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, it was such a delight to have Barbara Polston come to our guild Nimble Thimbles and offer a trunk show.
Her award winning quilts are as delightful and fun as her personality.

If I had to pick a favorite from the quilts she brought, I would have to say it was
Birds Fly Over The Rainbow.
This definitely went to the top of my must-do list.
Barbara made this quilt for the book Trash To Treasure Pineapple Quilts by Gyleen Fitzgerald.
You know I'm all about making quilts from my scraps right now, and this quilt is a perfect stash buster.
I love the bright colors, and black background.

Mother Daughter Redwork was a combined effort.

The embroidered blocks were made by Barbara's mother, and Barbara did the piecing.

I can see why this quilt received all kinds of awards.


Afternoon Tea with GG and Grammy was also a combined effort with Barbara's mother who did the blue work, with Barbara completing the piecing.
My photo didn't capture the scalloped edges very well, which contribute such a nice effect for the over all look of the quilt.
Love the wonderful teapot designs that are carried through to the matching border fabric.

Another big award winner.

You can read more in depth details about Barbara's quilts over on her WEB SITE.
And tomorrow I will be showing a few more favorites from her trunk show.

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, they are all beautiful. The teapot quilt reminds me of Wedgewood China.

em's scrapbag said...

The quilts are lovely. My favorite is that stunning pineapple. WOW!!!!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful. I'd take that Pineapple one anyday too.

•stephanie• said...

seeing these glorious quilts makes me feel small. i will keep trying nonetheless.