Friday, April 6, 2012

Apron Club

While I was at my guild meeting the other night, I looked over and saw Sherry Johnston holding up her latest finish.
She was showing one of my most favorite quilts ever designed by my friend Lori Holt (Bee In My Bonnet)!
If I remember correctly, this was Lori's first applique pattern.
I know it was a big hit the minute it came on the market.
love, love, love it!
As you know Lori is very much into vintage, and has personally collected over 100 aprons made in the 1930's - 1950's.
Details to order the pattern can be found over on Lori's web site
Did your grandmother or mother wear an apron?
My spunky almost 93 year old step-mother, who lives in her own home and still drives, wears an apron every day.
Sherry did a wonderful job on the embroidery and applique, and matched the aprons with reproduction fabrics true to the era.
The sweet little embroideries just make each apron so unique.

3 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

I just love this pattern and seeing each sweet apron! Lori's patterns are adorable and everyone adds their own uniqueness to them! Very inspiring!

dream quilt create said...

I really love the apron quilt too! Your friend did a wonderful job on her quilt.

Gina E. said...

I bought that pattern from Lori when she first advertised it on the net,but I haven't got around to making it yet. Every time I come across it in my stash, I put it at the top of the 'to do' pile, but it keeps getting buried under other projects!
I've also been collecting vintage aprons for years, but mine are all hand embroidered calico aprons mostly stitched in Australia. There are about one hundred including quite a few unfinished ones. I've got a blog dedicated to them if you want to have a peek:
http://patrasembroideredaprons.blogspot.com.au/