Monday, November 26, 2012

Row Along 7/ Leaves

 I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
This year we felt an
extra amount
of gratitude.
Not only have we enjoyed the company of our son here
for the last few weeks,
we were also very fortunate to have 
 our daughter and Son-In-Law
drive in from Salt Lake City
for the holiday.
How grateful we were to view
4 of our 5 children together
at the Thanksgiving table :)
Our son flies back to New York early tomorrow morning,
and I'm not ready to let him go :(
Amidst the holiday festivities,
and while the fam watched a movie,
 I was able to sneak
over to my machine
 and work on
from Bee In My Bonnet's
Row Along
 16 leaves are now all falling together
in one little row.
 Lori always comes up with the most wonderful designs.
I love the split formation for these leaves.
 The background fabric is once again varied from the other rows,
as I pulled from my stash basket.
And I found a perfect brown scrap for the stems.
 The leaves fit right in
 as they lay next to the
previous 6 rows.
The only real challenge I have found
in doing this
Row Along
is in trying to be patient
for the next 2 weeks
 in between
the big reveal for the next row.
What fun design will Lori
have us do next?

10 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Of all of the rows I've seen I believe yours is my favorite of all. I just love the scrappiness.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your row by row, something very different looking about it - it is modern yet old fashioned, crisp with the white background - just a very different looking quilt to me - I like it!

•stephanie• said...

look at you!
all caught up.
i'm a little jealous.
and three rows behind.
your leaves are adorable!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a delightful Thanksgiving for your family.

The leaves look awesome!

em's scrapbag said...

Your leaves look lovely and your quilt is coming along nicely. It's going to be gorgeous!

Nat Palaskas said...

I love the idea of row by row quilt. Your color is scrumptious - love it...

Lori Holt said...

Love your leaves Nedra!... Using different backgrounds for each row is so fun...just love it.

Cindy said...

So glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with most of your children. We went to Las Vegas. Scott and Paul both live there. Candise and Max and families also came. It was wonderful to have 4 of our 6 kids there. 17 of us gathered, I was one thankful mama!
Nedra I love the row quilt, it is amazing. When I grow up I will make one!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love your rows. Just seeing them makes me wish I'd mixed up the backgrounds on my blocks. Yours look so good!

Nanette Merrill said...

Your blocks are so darn cute. I'll be excited if mine turn out half as cute as yours. I think tomorrow she does a new one? We are meeting (again) for lunch Friday. I will think of you and wish you were with us.