Saturday, July 7, 2012

Get It Together

Good news!
The Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild is starting to "get it together".
We met last Saturday at Jona's house and organized ourselves with official board members, and a set meeting time.
I've followed the progress of several chapters of The Modern Quilt Guild, and I'm so excited to be part of the Phoenix group.
These are amazingly talented ladies and I see many happy days in our future.

Many brought show and tell as part of getting to know each other.
Kirsten made a few Lone Starburst blocks by designer Anna Politzer of Six White Horses.
Love, love, love this paper pieced block that I have on my to-do list.

Kristen is also in the middle of making a baby quilt out of yellows and grays.

Jona shared the latest finish as her good friend Heather Bailey looks on.
Yes, THAT Heather Bailey.
Let me count.
How many of Heather's fabrics do I have in my sewing room at the moment?
(not enough. I definitely need some more Nicey Jane)

Jona is making memory quilts for each of her boys out of shirts worn by her grandfather :)

Kirsten shared a new baby quilt she recently designed that was especially admired by Jona's dog.

Wonderful designs must be in the family genes.
Kirsten's mom Tracy showed this darling lunch bag she recently made and designed.
*did I not tell you this is quite the group?
LinkAlissa just paper pieced this fabulous Kitchen Aid Mixer by Erin of Why Not Sew
Don't you love the use of a selvage edge for the mixer's dials?

Andee showed here latest Schnibbles finish.

And shared her stunning Orca (Green) Bay that she made following Bonnie Hunter's group.

So many little itty bitty pieces!

Tiffany will be our new President (even though she dislikes the title)
She is organized and has already put in long hours representing our new group.
Thank you Tiffany!
and I love the new purse you just made.

Laura shared her latest.

Laura said this one was made from a class she took at Three Dudes Quilting using Bali Pops.

Margaritte made this happy bright pink and black version of a Drunkards Path.
LinkThe Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild will meet the 3rd Saturday of EACH month at 1:00.
Our next meeting will be July 21st at Jona's house.
*see web site for details.
EVERYONE is invited to join us!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sounds like a really great group - I hope you enjoy it :) you are so lucky to have 2 groups you will enjoy now.
Love the quilt show!!
Karen

•stephanie• said...

there's some high powered talent in that group, for sure! i love that paper pieced star block {even though it's orange!}

Material Mary said...

What a fun guild..hope you enjoy it Nedra!!!
Mary

Maxine said...

Such talent in that group..I also love the paper pieced star block..Enjoy the group Nedra...

Carol said...

Looks like an amazing group! You're going to have a blast! Enjoy! Love the star.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Wonderfully talented group! The Lone Starbust is going onto my todo list, too. The quilt by 3Dudes is already on my list. The Missouri Star Co has a video tutorial on it.

Lynette said...

Wow - how fun :D I'd sure love joining in with y'all if I were anywhere within driving distance.

SewCalGal said...

What fun Nedra. Great group of very talented quilters.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nanette Merrill said...

Great stuff. I wish there was a modern paper or foundation piece class I could attend up here. I'd love to make that mixer and the other really cute blocks that are modern and paper pieced. I should look around.

Cindy said...

Love the Kitchen Aid block! so fun.
I wish I lived closer to you Nedra--your goodness would no doubt rub off on me!
Your quilt group sounds like so much fun. I admire you Nedra--wherever you go you make friends. What a great trait.