Monday, August 16, 2010

Hip Holidays by Quilt Soup

Have you noticed the beautiful Christmas fabrics that are currently coming in to your local quilt stores?
Christmas will be here before we know it, and it's time to start working on projects so they will be ready in time.
I just finished making a store sample for my LQS of Hip Holidays by Quilt Soup.

Size 57" X 70"
Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup has designed the fabrics for Henry Glass and offers a free pattern, along with a tutorial on her web site.

I fell in love with these fabrics. Very bright and cheery, and they have put me in the Christmas mood working with them.

The pattern requires some paper piecing for the bows and the star. I found them easy to do. The visual tutorial really helps as they walk you through each step.

If you live here in nearby, you can find Hip Holiday at Quilted Works at 140 N. 400 West #A, St. George, UT.

14 comments:

Carin said...

Nedra It is adorable! I really like that fabric as well.

Cardygirl said...

Really cute quilt...I am making a Christmas one at the moment too!

Carol said...

Oh Nedra it is so cute! Love it!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love it!! and the fabric is cute too!!

Nat Palaskas said...

So cute, great way to start us thinking of Christmas. I just joined Christmas quilt-a-long to try and finish some of my UFOs - Hugs Nat

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Nedra how adorable. Sooo cute...and hip and wonderful.

Pat

Mel said...

Sooo cute!

Lois Evensen said...

How clever! Really nice. Now I am thinking of Christmas....

SewCalGal said...

Thanks Nedra.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Lori Holt said...

I agree Nedra...I love this line for the holidays....although I think several yummy pieces will work for year round! I love all of the colors...
xx
lori

Julie said...

This is very nice idea, since Christmas is nearly approaching.. I would love to try this one. Thanks a lot!

Janet said...

I love it Nedra! This is the second Xmas post I've read today, it's time to start thinking about gifts. I haven't seen the fabrics arrive here yet but I need to get some to make a stocking.

Becky said...

Well, I just joined Christmas quilt-a-long to try and finish, thanx for sharing.

Allison Clark said...

The fabric is cute. This is adorable. I'm gonna make one when Christmas is near. Thanks