Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three Six Nine

One of my goals for this summer is to make quilts to be donated to charitable organizations.

I have stacks of older fabrics that no longer match my taste, and yet would be appreciated by others.
Three Six Nine by The Quilt Company works up fast, and is fat quarter friendly.

Since this is July, I pulled from my red and blue piles.

The pattern says "This quick and easy project is made from simple three and six inch finished pieces that combine to make a nine inch block!"
Three Six Nine can be made in 4 different sizes ranging from a throw to a queen. The instructions list how many fat quarters are required for each size.
I made a twin (72" X 90") with 27 fat quarters.


The block is very simple. It kind of has a split nine patch look.


I purposly selected more masculine prints so the quilt would be suitable for men.


Because the pattern works up quickly and is easy to assemble, I think this would be fun activity for a charitable group/guild project. Each person could bring fat quarters in the selected colors, and all could work on sewing the blocks.

Now I want to know why my red and blue pile doesn't look any smaller.

5 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice. And, how kind to donate such lovely things.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Great Nedra! It's just like my red and aqua quilt, only different colors! I love the disappearing 9 patch...so versatile and fun...you never know just how it will turn out!

Great idea to use up older fabrics too. I've been wondering what to do with the buckets full that I have, and this just might be the perfect thing!

MGM

Material Mary said...

Great quilt project to use up the older stuff. I like it.
Mary

Lynette said...

Lookin' good :) I need to do some scrap busters as soon as this UFO list is brought under control.

Janet said...

What a great pattern for quick quilts. It has a patriotic feel to it in red and blue.