Friday, July 8, 2011

Garden Fence

I'm a little red faced about Garden Fence.
Several years ago I finished the top, had it quilted, and then tucked it up on a shelf.
With the best of intentions, I'm sure I was thinking I was just being organized and the binding would go on very soon.
But, you know that old saying:
Out of sight and out of mind.
I'm sure I'm the only one this has ever happened to :)

Maybe I should title this The Forgotten Quilt.
Such an unfortunate occurrence because I really love this design and beautiful fabrics.
I am happy to announce the binding is now on, label attached and the quilt is complete.

Garden Fence by Fig Tree Quilts

I love Joanna's fabrics.
So soft with a vintage feel to her color palette.


Timeless.

And while I'm on the verge of confessions, I have to admit that there was another unfinished quilt in need of a binding sitting right on top of Garden Fence.

Oh my.

9 comments:

Lynette said...

Hehe :D I'm giggling as I think of the two items on my Great Roundup UFO list under the names "Poor Forgotten Orphan #1 from 15 Years Ago" and ditto #2. #2 was sandwiched and all ready to go. Who knows how I forgot about it, other than that I had a 4yo and a 2yo at the time and quilting took a definite back seat to parenting.

Needled Mom said...

It looks so beautiful!!!!! Glad you finished it.

Lois Evensen said...

Very, very pretty. The colors are wonderful. Yes, I have to admit I set some projects aside sometimes, but I usually get back to them before the intended recipient has outgrown them. ;)

Dolores said...

Ha! Better late than never. Gorgeous quilt - now you can enjoy it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL, well you found it and finished it!! that is what counts after all. I love that pattern and the colors.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Merilyn said...

How good it must feel to have finally finished it!!! It's a lovely quilt, so many beautiful prints too!!! Well done!!!

Julia said...

Just beautiful...love the colours, now you can enjoy it!
Julia ♥

Truffle queen said...

Beautiful! Call me nuts - I really enjoy putting on the binding! Just read Glenna Haley's blog - she and her husband bought a house in St. George!

Cindy said...

Nedra I don't look at your quilts as unfinished...I'm impressed that you started and did so much work! I would be so happy to have a few quilts that 'just needed binding'! You accomplish so much!