Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Quilts

Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

(From the Tokyo Quilt Festival)

I have been thinking lately about how amazing it is to surf the net and be able to find the most beautiful quilts to view while in the comforts of our homes.
Quilts that take our breath away, and inspire.
Thank you to all of you who share your talents with the world, and are kind enough to post pictures of your work.

Doesn't this quilt just make you happy?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it certainly does!! I love it and all it's scrappiness. There is just something about the color red, isn't there?

Lynette said...

A log cabin I Spy. :D

Lois Evensen said...

Just wonderful! :) I agree it is wonderful to be able to surf the net and see the beautiful work others have done. Love all the reds in that quilt!

Material Mary said...

That is one fabulous quilt!!
Mary

Nat Palaskas said...

I agree this quilt is beautiful. You find great things to share on the web Nedra, I thanks you for many tutorials and other gorgeous quilts you found and share - Have a great day. Nat

Shari said...

Well said! I totally agree and this is definitely a happy quilt!

Lurline said...

Hello, Nedra! Yes, it does make for happiness - I guess one could browse for hours at the different fabrics!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Gosh, That is too funny! That quilt made me "so happy" I also saved the picture!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Yes it does make me happy. I love the packed in punch it throws with fabric.