Friday, July 1, 2011

Pinwheels In The Park

With scraps of fabric from my stash I've just finished
Pinwheels In The Park

This was a free pattern offered through Sew Mama Sew.
Designed by Rachel Measham-Pywell from Four Wise Monkeys

Rainy Days and Monday's is one of my most favorite fabric lines offered through Riley Blake.
It's a few years old, and I've used pieces of the line in several quilts now.
Fortunately I still had enough left over to make Pinwheels In The Park.
With fabric scraps and a free pattern this truly feels like a Free Quilt.

I've been singing the old Carpenters song Rainy Days and Mondays in my head the last few days as I've sewn.

Happy, bright fabrics.
Melimba and Beccabury were the designers for Riley Blake.

Finished size 71" X 54 1/2"

8 comments:

Gina E. said...

Very pretty, Nedra. And it looks easy - that is always a bonus!

Laura said...

I love this fabric line! The colors are so bright and cheerful. I have just a couple of fat quarters, but they are some of my favorites.

Material Mary said...

Fun quilt Nedra!! Happy 4th of July!!
Mary

Needled Mom said...

It is soooooo cute. I loved that fabric too.

Julia said...

Love it Nedra...great block..
Julia ♥

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love pinwheels, I do not know why I haven't done a quilt with them - I really need to do that!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Very cute, Nedra! Have a wonderful 4th weekend!!

melimba said...

Hey Nedra!
I just wanted to tell you how much I love this quilt you created with our fabrics!? It is DARLING and one of the cutest ones I've seen using the Rainy Day line yet!
I'm gonna have to find that pattern and try one for myself!
Thanks for your support and kind words!
best,
melis
(1/2 of melimba & beccabury)