Monday, July 11, 2011

Rabbits Prefer Chocolate

I finally got the gumption to peek under the lid of that UFO bin, and guess what I found?




True confession time:

An old applique project that just needed a small amount of work to be completed.

Really.

What was I thinking to let this one get set aside?



Over the weekend I was able to finish up the little bit of applique needed on one border.



And then to do the embroidery work on the individual blocks.



Most of the bunnies just needed their eyes.



By Anne Sutton

Rabbits Prefer Chocolate is my most favorite pattern from Bunny Hill Designs.

Anne is such a terrific designer, and I remember absolutely falling in love with her work when I first saw it.


There are a few more details that will be added once the quilt is quilted.

The wheels will have buttons for spokes.


And the original pattern shows quite a bit of ribbon work that is best added later, too.


The bunnies remind me so much of the chocolate bunnies I gave my children each Easter morning in their baskets.

I loved picking out fabrics to make each bunny unique from the others.

So many beautiful chocolate brown fabrics.

Quilt complete and now ready to be quilted.



I figure I'm either veerrry late to decorate for the last few years of Easter, or I'm quite early for Easter 2012.

13 comments:

Dolores said...

Isn't it amazing what you can find once you start looking. I can't believe you forgot about this cute little quilt.
Why is it that the things we seem not to finish just need a little bit of work?

Lois Evensen said...

The glass is half full, right? That means you are early for next Easter. :) What a darling quilt!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the finish is great!! isn't it weird how we can put something aside and then wonder why we did when it can be finished up so quickly. I have two blocks put aside that I started for the Little Brown Bird quilt that I started two years ago. I really do not think I will ever make that quilt as I have really lost interest in it - but I need to get those two blocks out and make some thing with them - little wall hanging or something.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Joanna said...

What a beautiful quilt top! You did a gorgeous job!

Material Mary said...

Nedra, I so love this pattern as well and your quilt is wonderful and will be cherised come Easter 2012.
Mary

Anonymous said...

What an adorable quilt. So sweet!

Darlis

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...must feel good to have it finished.

Needled Mom said...

It is just precious!!! It'll be nice to have it finished.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Totally sweet.

LOS ANGELES DE PATCHWORK said...

MUY BONITO TRABAJO,ME ENCANTA EL BLOG BESOS MARIA JESUS

Cindy said...

I think you are very prepared for next Easter. What a fun quilt--so much personality!

AnnieO said...

Odd, isn't it, when things get shoved aside for something new? Glad you found the project delightfully easy to work on once again! Gorgeous. Anne is a great designer, I agree :)

Nanette Merrill said...

This is one of my favorite patterns of Bunny Hill. Your quilt turned out so darling. Good for you.