Monday, August 11, 2014

Safe Flight Quilt

 I'm a Cover Girl :)
My quilt
Safe Flight
was chosen for the cover on the latest edition of
Modern Quilts Unlimited
 This is my first time to have
a quilt that I have designed
be featured on a magazine cover.
My friends have suggested I place the cover in a frame
and hang it on my sewing room wall.
(I just may do that :)
 The Summer 2014 Edition
 hit the News stands
 August 1st.
Modern Quilts Unlimited can be ordered online
and is often found in stores like
JoAnns or Barnes and Noble 
It's been selling fast at
3 Dudes Quilting in Phoenix
When I checked yesterday
they still had 3 copies left.
 This was a fun quilt to design and make.
A great way to use my Kaffe Fassett scraps.
 I sent the pictures and pattern into the magazine
months and months ago,
It's so nice to finally see the results.
 Rows and rows of Flying Geese 
Flying up and down.
 Many thanks to my friend 
Denise Holland 
for her help in drawing the diagrams for the pattern
and for also naming the quilt.
Originally I was thinking of calling it
Kaffe Flight
but Denise suggested (and she was correct)
the name Safe Flight
so people would know the quilt
could be made out of any fabric line.
Now that the quilt has been photographed by the publisher,
it is currently on it's way back to my house
and should be arriving any day now.
I'm looking forward to it's return.
Creating a quilt design,
writing the pattern,
and
sewing the quilt
is a somewhat labor intensive process.
By journey's end the quilt often feels
like a member of the family.
It will be rewarding to
welcome 
Safe Flight
back home.

17 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

It's lovely and love the fabrics :)

Caro said...

Congratulations! Wonderful quilt.

Needled Mom said...

It is beautiful and deserving of being a cover girl!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great that must be such a kick to have it on a magazine! congrats

em's scrapbag said...

Congratulations!!!! It is a beautiful quilt!

Cardygirl said...

I received my copy here in Australia and loved your quilt...it looks amazing...congratulations!

Material Mary said...

You go Nedra...love the quilt...quite an honor to be a cover girl...do frame the magazine cover or get a quality picture of it...
Mary

Bowbailey said...

How very exciting!!!! Congratulations.

Queenie Believe said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful! It is a beautiful quilt.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Unknown said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I love the colors, and the design layout. Congratulations for making the cover! I will try to find this magazine. I live 35 miles from any Barnes and Noble store.

Melissa said...

Wow, you're famous! What a fun and fearless quilt.

Janet said...

Congratulations! That's pretty exciting. It's funny because I've been looking at flying geese quilts all week.

Nat Palaskas said...

Congrats Nedra. Your quilts are all beautiful and happy. You can have your very own book with the.

Claudia said...

Nedra
I knew you were amazing years ago when I first met you and I see the plain truth in that over and over again!! You are totally awesome! Beautiful quilt! I'm thinking of framing it and putting it on my wall! Claudia

Linda Hiatt said...

Beautiful quilt Nedra. Congratulations on the honor. I will be purchasing this magazine.

fiberchick said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. Your quilt looks beautiful!!!

Cindy said...

Congrats Nedra, what a great accomplishment and a beautiful quilt.
I did the block of the month quilt last year at American Quilting--we did quite a few 'flying geese'. So I do admire your work!