Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mini Nail Polish Quilt

 Recently Kimberly from
designed a
Nail Polish Quilt
My friend Lori Holt (Bee In My Bonnet)
re-wrote the instructions for
a Mini version
and provided a 
Free Tutorial 
on her blog.
 The minute I saw it I knew I had to make it.
Yesterday was a good day to stay indoors and
just sew
It felt quite luxurious to take a day 
and focus on such a fun project.
 Our 4 year old grand daughter loves nail polish.
Special time is when she and mommy sit together
and paint their fingers and toes.
It's a "Girl Thang"
This little mini will be a gift for her room.
It really did work up fast.
 It was fun to pick out colors for the polish
using scraps from my stash.
 Lori always provides so many great tips 
in her tutorials.
For this one she suggested 
using the backside of the fabric 
for the shadow spot on the lid.
Great idea!
 Next, my little mini needs to be quilted.
Do I want to brave it, or should I let 
Pat Roche
who quilts all of my quilts
 work her magic?
And, I had such a good time making this Mini that I really want to make 
the original size from The Fat Quarter Shop next.
Kimberly's Free Pattern
Lori's Free Tutorial
can be found 

2 comments:

Material Mary said...

I saw this yesterday and I cannot wait to make it. Yours turned out so very cute. I think you could quilt this just fine and it would be adorable...
Mary

Anonymous said...

Your mini turned out so cute! I love this pattern! Thanks for sharing! -Brittany