Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild/ August

 It's been over a week since our
Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild 
meeting for August
and I just realized I haven't shown 
pictures from the event.
As a relatively new guild,
we are growing and 
our gatherings are 
becoming more and more fun.
Each month everyone is invited to participate in a swap.
For August the theme was
Mini Quilts
 Everyone seemed pleased with what they were
"gifted"
 Center photo is this years President
Michelle Hart
She and her staff really put a lot of effort into our guild,
and I for one, am very grateful.
 We often meet at 
ETC 
a local quilt store in Mesa
 For August we 
had a pot luck luncheon
followed by 
several mini-classes taught by very talented guild members
  • Johnie – fabric embellishment
  • Lisa – paper piecing
  • Alyssa – FMQ
  • Terry – faux piped binding
  • Ana – double flip hst method
  • Lora – EPP
  • Jen – Hawaiian appliqué
  • Becca – Bloc-locs 
I spent most of my time
learning Free Motion Quilting 
by the ever amazing
Alyssa Lichner (Pile O' Fabric)
She has the same Juki 2010Q machine
I recently purchased and it was
inspirational to see what Alyssa can do
on a domestic machine.
I came home with supplies
to start practicing
and to learn more about the capabilities of my machine.
I also really enjoyed learning
how easy it is to do a
Faux Piped Binding
taught by Terry
I can hardly wait to give this technique
a try on my next mini quilt.

1 comment:

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds super fun and informative. I would love to take some of those classes.