Friday, January 16, 2009

Stuff

As I have explained before, I have a teenage son. He's a good kid, but he's still a teenager. When I ask (very nicely I might add) "What are you doing tonight?" He answers "Stuff". And he usually drags the word out "Stuuuffffff....". Good thing I love him so much. (In all fairness, as Paul gets older, and with a little parental coaching he's getting much better at articulation.) But, for this post and in honor of all those teenagers out there, I'm going to talk about stuuufffff.
At Christmas time, Kim of Bitty Bits and Pieces showed the most wonderful kaleidoscope quilt. The minute I saw it I knew I had to make it. A local quilt shop ordered the specialty ruler in for me and I went and picked it up today.
Isn't Kim's quilt beautiful? I can hardly wait to get started on mine. I have to finish up a few things first but then I'm pulling out all my Christmas fabrics to see which ones I can use in this quilt.
Then I opened the mail and had another nice surprise. Jill Finley of Jillily Studio sent me her "Posey Pie Pin" pincushion pattern, with matching kit. I'm in love!
Plus I got "Cracker" back (already!) from the quilter.

I still need to put on the binding, and haven't decided which color to use. I'm thinking red? I like it much better now that it's quilted.

This afternoon my girlfriend Judi arrived. She will be spending the next few days at my house and we get to quilt and play! Yipee!

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your Kleidoscope quilt. I tried one but had trouble with the centers. Yours looks lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Nanette Merrill said...

I had a booth at a small quilting event at American Quilting in Orem next to Jill. She's such a great person and so glad to share her experience. I enjoyed my time with her so much.