Thursday, January 15, 2009

Diva January Day Meeting

Our Dixie Diva group met at Bev's house today. There were only 4 of us because most of our members are out of town. Ricci and Jan J. are at Road to California, and we are all wishing we were with them. We went as a group to Road two years ago, and had an amazing time.
Bev just got her Block of The Month back from the quilter. Wow. Her brother will be the lucky recipient of this beautiful quilt. I told her I was wearing a blue sweater today, so it really should go to me. Don't you agree?


Bev is a very prolific quilter. This is the latest one up on her design wall.
Tossing around ideas for a border.
This fun fish quilt is right at the bottom of her stairs, and is still a work in progress. Bev has been adding in different embellishments.
She did some couching with yarn, and machine quilted little circles that look like bubbles.
Bev also finished putting together her Diva Block Exchange quilt. She placed the blocks in a diagonal formation. Because she didn't add any sashing in between it made her size more of a wall hanging or lap quilt. Mine is done in Earth tones. Look how different the quilt looks in reds, blues and greens.
Jan K. had her blocks up on the design wall today trying to figure out how she wants to lay them out. Jan's blocks are all done in purple and whites and has a totally different feel than mine or Bev's.


Bev fixed us a delicious lunch of white chili soup with crackers and fruit. I always feel so spoiled when I am with the Divas.
Bev and her cat "Trouble", who she says is actually a very good boy.
I worked on my Fun and Done, and will show more pictures as I get farther along.

1 comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

All the years I lived only an hour from "Road to California" and I've never been! A shame.