Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Red Hen Quilt

Things have been pretty busy the last few days, and I haven't been home much to sew at my machine. With my girlfriend Judi in town we did a lot of shopping and made trips to Cedar to watch her daughter play basketball. I took some handwork along, and was able to finish one more block in the "Little Red Hen" quilt.
This is the first block I finished last month. "Who will help me plant the seed"

This is the second block I finished last night " Who will help me tend the wheat"

This pattern that goes along with the story of the Little Red Hen. There are 4 more blocks to applique. The original pattern below is in darker colors. I opted to do mine in bright spring type fabrics. I've had a few e-mails from people wanting to know where I found the pattern. The designer is Stitches and Sew Forth, 51 S. Main St., Payson Utah 84651 (801) 465-9133. I went on their web site of www.stitchesandsewforth.com but they don't show the Red Hen pattern. If you are interested in obtaining the pattern you might try writing or calling them. I have a lot of other projects I have started and need to work on, so I know I will be taking my time in completing this one. It's been a good one to take along when I have opportunity to do some hand work.

No comments: