Thursday, September 18, 2008

Presents

For many years I have been sewing on a make-do sewing table. I purchased some inexpensive wire baskets from Home Depot and then placed an unfinished door on top that I found at a lumber supply store for $20. I think the whole get up cost around $100. It's worked fine, except I've always dreamed of having a real sewing table. Today my dream came true.
The table below came from Tracey's Tables out of Stratford, Wisconsin. Beautiful isn't it? I almost want to give her a name. Something exotic like Isabella, or Gabrielle. Then when my family wants to know where I am, I can say in a very melty voice "You may find me in the sewing room with Gabrielle". People name their sewing machines all the time, why not sewing tables?


Another happy surprise today. In the mail came this lovely Limited Edition 2009 Tea Towel calendar hand made by Michelle at Cicada Studios. She just announced on her blog that she had such success selling this one, that she will be doing other calendars.

My husband just got back last night from a trip to Phoenix. He went to be able to visit with two of our daughters and to play with our grandson's. I really wanted to join him, but needed to stay home with our teenage son who is in school. Took every amount of self control not to jump in the car and go kiss on these beautiful faces.
How did Isaak get so big? He's 3 now and was so excited to see his "papa". The night before my husband left we talked to Isaak on the phone. He said "Is papa coming tonight?" We said no, he would be there the next day. In the sweetest voice Isaak plead "But I need him right now!"
Noah is now 9 months old and crawling GI Joe all over the house.
Look at that face! Kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss!!!

He's always been such a happy little guy. He even smiled in his new born pictures.
Seems like yesterday he was this big, and my son in law could hold him in the palm of his hand.
The only thing that helps me feel better is knowing their family will be here to visit in two weeks. I'm counting the days.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That's great you got a new sewing table. You do such beautiful work, you need a beautiful table. Those were some fun pictures of your grandkids and I bet you are thrilled they are coming to see you. I feel like I haven't seen you in a while, so it's been nice keeping tabs on you through blogging:)

Elizabeth said...

I love the sewing table. As a mom of two boys I love seeing pictures of your grandsons. It makes me want another one! They grow so fast. My boys love their grandpas too. We just moved closer and see them several times a week and the boys LOVE it.

Cathie in UT said...

I am right there with you Nedra as my DGS little A has moved to San Antonio and I don't know how you managed to let your DH visit without you!

Carrie said...

What a pretty sewing table -- love the color of the wood. I bet it will make sewing much more enjoyable.

P.S. She looks like a Gabrielle to me!