Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Dishwasher

Over a month ago I blogged about my dishwasher. I woke up one morning to this:

The heating unit had malfunctioned by overheating. Everything plastic melted all over my dishes and formed a blob in the bottom of the unit. We had purchased a top of the line GE dishwasher for $1,200, and have only been in our home 1 1/2 years. Because we were just past our one year warranty, I was feeling....well...let's just use the word "upset".

Good news!! The dishwasher itself only carried a one year warranty. But the stainless steel drum inside has a longer warranty. Because the dishwasher could not be fixed, GE agreed to send me a brand new dishwasher at no cost. They even payed for shipping and installation. Maybe this time splurging for top of the line really did pay off. I only talked to the GE Supervisor on the phone, but if she had been there in person I would have kissed her.

No more standing at the kitchen sink and doing lots and lots of these.

And these. What will I now do with my extra time? If I'm using Quilter's Math maybe I should go out and purchased more dishes with the money I saved. I mentioned to my husband that I think I should now have $1,200 from the money I did not spend on the new dishwasher. What do you think?

This is our new dishwasher before installation.

Doesn't it look happy with dishes inside? Like it is now fulfilling the purpose of it's creation?

Life is good.

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

What did my mother do without a dishwasher her whole life? Seriously. Well she had 5 daughters, but after we left it was all hers again. I just cannot imagine. My mom would use such hot water that her hands were bright red. Welcome back to the present century!

Di~ said...

Yup, go buy $1,200.00 in fabric and other desirables!

Eileen said...

ooo.. love the stainless steel. Is that standard in all dishwashers? I would have no idea.. haven't had one in years. But I think if I still had little kids at home I would have to get one!