Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Takes 2 January Blocks/ Part 2

The instructions for Part 2 of the January blocks from the Just Takes 2 Quilt Along are now available.

I've finished the first 4.

Block 7
*remember: these blocks are from the Infinite Variety quilts.

Block 8

Normally, this would look like an easy block to rotary cut and sew traditionally.
I thought it was interesting that the instructions for Block 8 were to paper piece.
One of the reasons I like signing up for BOM patterns is to increase my quilting skills, so I followed the given instructions.
I like how paper piecing makes for such accurate points and sections.

Block 9

Block 10
The instructions for Block 10 directed us to foundation piece using freezer paper templates.
That seemed like a lot of extra work to me, so I paper pieced this block also.
Easy to do and it came together quickly.
Block 11 is the traditional school house block, but it's not my style, so I will be finding another substitute at a future date.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you got to love the red and white combination!
Karen

Lynette said...

Looking fantastic :D

Needled Mom said...

I thought the same thing about the paper pieced block, but it was fun to paper piece.

fiberchick said...

This is going to be another winner!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh this is going to be amazing!! Red and white is so striking!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm such a red and white fan. These are lovely. It is going to be great.

Cindy said...

I've got to try the paper pieceing method, I think I could do that!