Tuesday, January 10, 2012

50th Farmer's Wife Quilt Block

Yee Haw!
I've now completed 50 blocks for the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along.

The last 5 now play happily up on my design wall.

#80 Single Wedding Star
It was
A Long Row To Hoe
the last few months, but I'm so glad I
Kept My Nose To The Grindstone

#66 Periwinkle
I don't mean to
Spill The Beans,
but I wish I could say I was
Cool As A Cucumber
during the entire project.
Truth be told, there are always challenges when undertaking a quilt.
I discovered that using the templates from the book just wasn't my thing.
My blocks rarely seemed to accurately measure 6 1/2"
Several attempts
Bit The Farm
and ended up being thrown in the garbage.
Small little itty bitty templates for small blocks have now been placed in the
When Pigs Fly
category.

#33 Farmer's Puzzle
My favorite part was learning from Lori Holt (Bee In My Bonnet) on how to graph blocks that could be rotary cut.
They really were the
Bee's Knees.

#3 Basket
Another favorite part was viewing your progression and fabric choices while working on the Farmer's Wife blocks.
It just made me feel like
Two Peas In A Pod

#30 End Of Day
It seemed only appropriate that the last block to finish, my goal of 50, be called End of Day.
The next step will be place the blocks in a setting right away.
No
Waiting Till The Cows Come home.
And preferably
Make Hay While The Sun Shines

12 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Ha! Love your posts and descriptions! ;))))

Miki Willa said...

Congratulations! I am afraid I gave up when I got to my first hard one. One of these days, I will pick it up again. Your blocks are great and I can't wait to see them all together.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations! You've made the progress so much fun to read about.

Sylvia said...

A 14 year old came into the shop where I work with 56 blocks she had finished of the Farmer's wife! they were amazing and she had done it all with templates and scissors (not rotary cutter or ruler etc). I was amazed!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will get back to mine one - maybe - if not I will do a table topper with what I have - I thought you were just on 25 or so - you really got busy.
Karen

fiberchick said...

Your progress is phenomenal... Your blocks look great!

Lurline said...

Love these so much - oh why have I procrastinated - must buy the book!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lurline said...

Hi again Nedra! Did you do the periwinkle block by machine or hand - I love the block and have been searching for years for one that fitted very accurately!
Hugs - Lurline♥

dream quilt create said...

I just finished my 50th block too, and that was my goal. Originally I was going to make a queen, but decided against it. I just bought my sashing. Am really excited to start putting it together in the hopefully near future :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Congratulations Nedra. I am impressed how you did them quick!
Hugs
Nat

Material Mary said...

Nedra, you have done a wonderful job with this Farmer's Wife. I need to make mine...but not right away!
Mary

Chat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.