Friday, May 27, 2011

There Really Are Quilt Police

Oh my.
Who would have known.
All these years I have been told there are No Quilt Police, when in reality they really do exist.

I saw this while visiting the Gilbert Historical Museum.
Taken from a picture, the poster shows a volunteer working on a quilt to be donated to the Gilbert Arizona Police Department.


The officer took great interest in the work and talent provided by the volunteer quilters.
I'm sure his cross examination came more from curiosity than interrogation.
Still, it has left me a little unsettled.
Now I find myself looking back, pondering deep introspective questions concerning Santa, The Easter Bunny, Leprechauns, The Tooth Fairy, Big Foot....

10 comments:

Material Mary said...

Too funny Nedra. Maybe that's what keeps the magic alive???
Mary

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Oh what a great post to wake up to - yours was the first I read this morning and had me laughing = a great way to start the morning :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Needled Mom said...

Oh no!!! Hmmmm.

Lynette said...

R O F L :D

Unknown said...

That is hysterical, love it.

Jan Marie said...

LOL

em's scrapbag said...

Very funny! Makes you think seriously about Santa and the Easter Bunny for sure.

Desley said...

Ha Ha :)

Julia said...

Love it Nedra...so funny!
we had better watch out then..
Julia ♥

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Ha ha great post Nedra! xo