Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daisy and Stairway To The Stars

Many of the award winning quilts coming out of Southern Utah are quilted by Cory Allender of St. George, Utah. Cory does beautiful long arm work, and I always love seeing her latest contribution to the world of quilting.
Daisy by Patti Van Oordt and Stairway To The Stars by Colleen Harris were both exhibited at the Gems of The Desert Show.

Patti wrote that she fell in love with the daisy batik fabric first, and the remainder of the quilt was used from her stash.
(Patti works at Scrapapple Quilts that carries thousands of bolts of batiks, so I'm sure her stash is something else!)

Pattern: Joy by Jacqueline de Jonge



A paper foundation pieced pattern.


Patti and Cory make a great team, don't they?
Beautiful work, ladies!


Stairway To The Stars by Colleen Harris


The first thing that caught my eye was the use of Kaffe fabrics used throughout the quilt.


And of course the combined collaboration of Colleen and Cory.


Colleen didn't write any comments on her card, so I did a little research on my own.

Stairway To The Stars (designed by Winnie Fleming) is a Block of the Month pattern offered through Quakertown.

And I especially love Colleen's use of all those Kaffes.

7 comments:

quiltqueen73 said...

Both quilts are stunning, wish I had the patience to do something like Daisy.

Micki said...

The quilts are just wonderful! I will have to check out the pattern of the first quilt, but both are so inspirational.
Micki

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so beautiful - I keep getting so many ideas for new quilts to make! They both did wonderful jobs on those quilts.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Desley said...

Thanks for showing us the pictures - beautiful.

Unknown said...

Do you want to post these pictures (the Joy quilt) on my Facebook page? I really like that!
With a little description added?
Thank you so much!
Jacqueline de Jonge - Becolourful
www.facebook.com/becolourfulquilts

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to get these patterns, love them! slwiste@springgrove.coop

Eric Rogers said...

Do you know where I can find the "Stairway to the Stars" quilt pattern?