Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Picnic

I've just finished Picnic, a great way to use up little leftover scraps of fabrics.
As we are heading into summer, this fun little quilt makes me want to pack a picnic lunch and find a grassy spot under a big shade tree.

The original pattern size was 48 1/2" X 60 1/2".
I wanted mine a little larger, so I added a 4" border.
On my design wall the border looks a little too white, but once it's quilted I plan on adding a darker binding which will frame it nicely.

Picnic comes from the wonderful book Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett.
I found it for a good price on Amazon.com

The entire quilt is made from 2 1/2" strips.


Looking at 4 blocks together, I also see flowers.

"If ants are such busy workers, how come they find time to go to all the picnics?"
(Marie Dressler)

11 comments:

Kris said...

Nedra - This is darling!!! I think the dark binding will be perfect!! Try to stay cool this summer!! Kris

Rae Ann said...

Wonderful quilt Nedra! Would love to come down and join you for that picnic! ;)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

What a fun quilt Nedra! The darker binding will really make it pop, and such a great way to use up all those scraps we just can't throw away!

MGM

Sherri said...

Love it!!! It really is the perfect scrap quilt!

Material Mary said...

Nedra, I bought this book awhile ago and this quilt is one I have tagged to use up scraps. Love how yours turned out. You will enjoy picnics so much more now...
Mary

Wonky Girl said...

Very pretty, I really like it. The block looks like an easy one that could be cut and kept at the ready to sew when a bit of time comes up.

MB in MI said...

Love this quilt pattern! Yours looks lovely.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I LUV your quilt! Great colors! It's almost tooo good for just any picnic...maybe something special?

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Carol said...

It's wonderful Nedra...I can just see you and the grandkids sitting on it having a wonderful picnic!

Nanette Merrill said...

That is a great quilt. I've seen that book around and about.

Cindy said...

Beautiful!