Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quilt Name Tag Ideas

With a group of around 200, we are asked to wear name tags to our Dixie Quilt Guild meetings.
Many of the members have made some of the most creative quilt name tags. Some show just their name. Others use their name tags as a showcase for their pin collections. Often the memorabilia attached carries significant memories.
All are creative, original and show the personality of the owner.
I would like to share with you what the name tags look like here in Southern Utah, and hope this might give you ideas for your own guild.



Candace said this small bag is all she takes into a quilt show. It holds her money, ID & credit cards, and frees her hands from carrying a purse.



Some friendship groups get together to make matching name tags. Each person brings their own fabrics to personalize the tag.




Pat said this pin is very special to her because it was a gift from Annie Unrein. When Annie was president of our guild she gave these as a thank you to all of her board members.







Donna and Nancy are part of a friendship group The Dixie Chicks. They all shared a pattern, but individualized each tag. Some used real chicken feathers for decoration.
(Sorry, I don't have the name for this pattern)



Our very own Pat Peters uses her tag to show part of her pin collection. I think I see her name in there? Pat said this weighs quite a bit, and is pretty heavy to wear around her neck.


I found this small purse at a quilt trade show and now use it as my name tag.
It represents my admiration of Mola reverse applique by the Kuna women of Panama and Columbia.


And this pin is special to me because it represents the beautiful city of St. George where I live and was given to me by Mayor Dan McArthur.

12 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

wow!! There are some very cute ones!! I do not belong to our group, but I think they all made the same. yours are so much more fun!

PotsandPins said...

Who knew?! I loved the name tags - but yours got my vote - as my mom's friend likes to say, "simple but smart" - and I'd add stylish too! Love the quilt pics- I've been sick - too sick to sew so I'm hoping to get better soon so I can get in my workroom - I've missed it! xo, Nan

Natishia Curry said...

Those Name Tags are great, it gives me some ideas for using Texture Magic in a name Tag for my sewing group & Guild.

Rae Ann said...

All of them are so cute and really do say a lot about the person. Very clever and what a great idea!

Material Mary said...

Wow, that was really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Mary

Lori Holt said...

love all those unusual name tags...very creative!

Janet said...

I think they're fabulous and so creative. I love that they are big, thanks for showing them.

FlourishingPalms said...

Wow! I can't believe this blog post. It's not only full of great ideas, but... my unusual last name is among them! Hungerford.

Linda Hungerford
http://www.FlourishingPalms.blogspot.com

Dallas said...

If you need church name tags then this is where you should turn.

Badges Australia said...

I have never seen such an stylish and unique designs of name tags. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Although they may seem small and inconsequential, magnetic name badges Johannesburg are actually more important and useful than most people assume. Magnetic name badges act as a symbol for businesses and individuals that wear them.

Recognition Express said...

Love the way you provide the info in depth, Thank you for sharing this blog....
Staff Name Badges
Name Badges