Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Star Crazy BOM

Whoo hoo! I am so happy that by April 2nd I have finished this month's Star Crazy BOM.
Great way to start off the month. I really have my friend Jan to thank. We try and coordinate our schedules to work on our blocks together, and yesterday was the day we both could meet.
We had three blocks again this month.

I think it takes almost as much time to cut out the pieces as it does to sew them. Has anyone else experienced this too?
My goal every month is to have things all cut out before Jan comes over, so I can spend my time sewing. Usually when Jan arrives, I'm still selecting fabric, let alone have anything cut out.
What is up with April? Spring must be in the air. I actually had my pieces ready when she knocked on the door.
Jan works at a quilt store and has been putting in a lot of extra hours. She felt lucky just to have her papers printed off the computer, and spent time getting ready to sew.

Jan knows I love Kaffe Fasset fabrics. She brought me a present yesterday of 6 fat quarters. Thanks Jan!

One more Irish Chain block

Evening Star block
Have you noticed that the Rising Star Block has 1" half square triangles? Teeny tiny. Thank heavens for paper piecing that help stabilize all those bias edges.
More half square triangles that go in the bag for future use.
Designer Sue Garman mentioned in the instructions that we have now "traveled a third of the way along the journey".
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jewel said...

You are just way too fast this month... I haven't even thought about doing mine yet!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Beautiful blocks and fabric. I so agree it takes me forever to pick the fabric and then to cut, the sewing is the easy part!

Material Mary said...

It looks wonderful!
Mary

Nanette Merrill said...

This is going to be wonderful. I'll enjoy watching.