Friday, July 10, 2009

I Made It!

I am happy to report I did just fine handling the freeway system in the L.A. today. Map Quest in now my favorite. I'll be asking Santa for a GPS this Christmas, but until then me and Map Quest are buddies.
I admit I prayed continually from the moment I left this morning. And I offered a prayer of Thanks the minute I pulled into the driveway home safe and sound.

With all my nervousness this morning, I walked out without my camera. I'm so sorry I won't be able to show you pictures of the quilt shops I visited.
I will tell you I drove for over an hour to get to my first stop "Luella's" in Rodondo Beach. If you haven't been there, it's well worth the effort to stop by. Luella's is just minutes from the L.A. airport, and is such a beautiful store. They carry over 1,500 bolts of fabric and have the nicest staff led by Luella herself. Make sure to check out their web site HERE.

Margaret's family has a beautiful home in Rancho Santa Margarita, and I have felt very spoiled. The temperature is perfect, and her family has made me feel so welcome.
Right outside the front door is a garden area filled with lush plants.
These little birds are nesting in one of the trees.

I will show you some of the things I have picked up in the last few days.
I found this Jumbo Pom Pom maker to go with my smaller sets. I bought this yarn so I can make pom poms with Margaret's grand daughter Hailey.

I've been looking at "Material Obsession" for months now, and finally broke down and bought it. It helped to be able to use a JoAnns 40% off coupon.
I love every quilt in this book!

Margaret spotted these and said "Look, button fabric!" I'm afraid she has caught my illness.

I saw this one at another store....more button ideas.
I only get fat quarters in my attempt to keep things under control.

Here are my Kaffe purchases from yesterday when we were at "Flying Geese" in Tustin.




Love those Kaffe's!
Tomorrow we will be back visiting more quilt stores. I promise to remember my camera!
*Someone asked me if we were going to attempt all 42 stores on the Run. No....I'll be happy if we even get close to 20. Margaret has a lot of family events while she is here, and the stores are spread out quite far geographically.

13 comments:

CJ said...

Glad to hear that your travels were safe! What a beautiful pool! Is that at Margaret's place? You got some great fabrics!!!

Kim Walus said...

That's funny about the book. I just bought it too and never thought to get it at JoAnn's. Oh well! It's worth it though. I love it! I'm glad you're home safe. It's always nice to come home.

Carol said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound.
You made some great purchases.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I love your posts...so much to see. Those birds are gorgeous...beautiful photo's. I'm starting to see button fabric everywhere too now... and I haven't even made any buttons yet...it is catching!!!! xo

Janet said...

I can't even imagine going to 20 stores! You've made some wonderful buys there, I have a little of that first "button" fabric. You're passing the sickness on!

Unknown said...

Okay, Nedra, I am going to get right to it... the button fabric you found so reminds me of PA Dutch Hex signs, I must have some. Did you get it at Joann's? My hubby is PA Dutch and I can just see the possibilities. Thanks for sharing all your finds, they are great!

Lynn S. said...

Yes! that cute button fabric remnds me of PA Dutch as well! What designer is it from, etc? Sounds like you had yet another great trip! Glad you made it home safely too!

Material Mary said...

Have a lot of fun in So Calif. It is beautiful and the shopping there cannot be beat.
Mary

Sharleen said...

I have to say your button "problem" is so tempting when you show such cute fabrics. I haven't been bitten yet, but the posibilities you show make it soooo inviting. Thanks for sharing such neat pictures and ideas!

Sherri said...

I was praying for you too! And don't you love Material Obsession...and let me tell you--you need Material Obsession 2...it's as good if not better than the first!

Gayle said...

HEY! I've been to Tustin before. Barry's aunt and uncle lived there for quite awhile and we stayed with them a few days when we went to Disneyland about a million years ago!
Looks like you had a really fun trip, and I'm so impressed with your driving bravery!
We leave for our trip tomorrow morning. Hooray!

dotti white said...

Yeah, for you, Nedra! I knew you could do it!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, I am so proud of you, I would have never even tried it!! Love the "button" fabric. and that pool!!! how beautiful!!!