Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

We've had a wonderful few days with our grandsons while my daughter Amy and SIL Dano have been in Las Vegas. Amy and Dano arrived at our house last night and we get to spend a few more days together before they head back to Phoenix.
Dano turned 28 yesterday. He said he thinks this year will be the best year ever. He turned 28 on the 28th, and guess what his favorite number is? You got it: 28!
Of course, you have to realize that Dano is one of the most positive people I have ever met. He always finds the good in every situation. In fact, one of his sayings is "It's all good".
People ask me how he got the name Dano. It's a nick name for his real name, which is Daniel. But his father is also Daniel, so instead of Daniel Jr., they called him Dano. Like "Book 'em Dano" from the old TV show Hawaii 5-0.
Dano, Amy, Noah and Isaak.
We are so grateful to have Dano as part of our family. Whenever I worry about what will become of the next generation, I remember there are some terrific young men in our midst. Dano has so many qualities that I admire. Most important to me is that he is a terrific husband to my daughter and an outstanding father to my grandsons. That puts him #1 in my book.
He's also an extremely hard worker. I could go on and on, but I know it makes him uncomfortable when I do, so I'll stop.
Noah was pretty happy to be back with his mommy and daddy. He did great while they were gone, but today he made sure they didn't leave his side.
We had birthday dinner after church, and then took a walk in the neighborhood. Our weather is perfect right now.
The view of the side of our house with Castle Rock in the background.
Happy Birthday Dano!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a cute little family! And it's so gorgeous in your neighborhood!!! How hot does it get there in the summer...of course I'm starting to dread summer here...and it isn't even officially spring!