Saturday, March 21, 2009

How To Hull a Stawberry

I went to Ricci's today to help her work on a quilt, and as usual I learned more than a quilting technique.
I brought strawberries to share for lunch, and I learned a brand new way to hull the berry.

Have you ever used a straw to hull a strawberry?
First time I've ever seen this done, and it worked perfect.
Start at the bottom of the berry and push up through the top.
The straw fills up with the berry innards.
In to the garbage they go.
And you are left with beautiful fruit ready to eat.

11 comments:

amy smart said...

This will be so handy with my kids!

Linda said...

So cool! Why haven't we thought of that before??? Thanks for sharing. I've not kept up my blog lately. Very ill husband taking my time. Linda

Dawn said...

Well how creative is that!?! Thanks for sharing!!

Material Mary said...

What a clever idea. Love it.
Mary

Carol said...

Thank you for that tip...I love it! We've been having strawberries every day and I always feel like I'm wasting some of the yummy strawberry when I hull it...no waste with the straw. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Great tip! I will certainly use it! So I guess that is why they call it a "straw" berry.... LOL!

Gayle said...

That's amazing! Can't wait to give it a try. Tell Ricci THANKS!

Sherri said...

What a great idea...I even showed this post to my husband!

Eileen said...

Oh my goodness.. I have never seen this done before. I can't wait to try it!

Nanette Merrill said...

Not only beautiful but no waste! Go figure. That Ricci. What doesn't she know how to do??

Tina Craig said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll show my kids when they get home from school. Love your header!