Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Red Hen Block 4

Block #4 from the Little Red Hen pattern is now finished. Because I am hand appliqueing I am taking my time making these. I love to put on a good movie and sit for a while and do hand work. A very relaxing time, and a great way to wind down from all the busyness of life.

As a reminder, I will be making 6 blocks total of the hens.

The pattern is designed by "Stitches and Sew Forth" in Payson, Utah
www.stitchesandsewforth.com

Block #1

Block #2

Block #3

I've been so good about not buying fabric. I really am trying to use what I have first. But today I saw this Valentine Line at 50% off. I've been wanting to make a Valentine quilt ever since I saw all of your wonderful quilts last month. I won't be getting to it soon, but at least I'll have it for next year.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

These are so adorable. Can't wait to see how you sash them and put them together.
And you always get such a good head start on the holidays! Like finding all those terrific after-Christmas deals!

Material Mary said...

Nedra, the blocks are so cute. Love them.
Mary

Sherri said...

I love the story of the Little Red Hen...in fact I used it with my soon-to-be 14 year old son the other day! The blocks are cute...and like Eileen I can't wait to see the sashing and border fabrics you've chosen.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute hens. :o) One must not pass up a great fabric deal. Now you're next for Valentine's Day 2010!