Friday, September 19, 2014

Gold Fish Crackers Quilt Blocks

 I've had a very productive few days
in getting caught up making my
Bees Knees Blocks
For the month of September
Melissa Corry  (Happy Quilting)
asked us to make any kind of quilt block
with a Camping/ Outdoor Theme
She sent us the cutest fabrics
from the Smoors Love Collection
by Cosmo Cricket
 I opted to make
Gold Fish Crackers
12 1/2 " X 12 1/2" Unfinished
from a 
Free Tutorial offered by the
Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild
 I even added in a few of my own fabrics
for the backgrounds 
with one in blue
to give it that fishy water look :)
 I hope Melissa likes my choice
because these were so fun to make,
 she is not just getting one block...
 but a School of Fish !!
 I'd love to make a quilt out of these blocks myself.
I don't have any fisherman in my life
but I do love to look at Aquariums :)
The Emerald Coast Guild even gives
a possible layout suggestion.

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Those are just fabulous. What a sweet baby quilt that would make!