Thursday, September 11, 2014

A New Year with Bees Knees A Quilting Bee

 I am part of an on-line Quilting Bee
called the
Bees Knees
Such a wonderful group.
We are just beginning our 3rd year together.
We have 12 in our Bee
from all over the United States.
A few have had to leave 
because of  time commitments
and 
others have been invited in recently.
Many are top designers in the Industry
and I am always in awe of their creativity.
Bee Badge designed by Shari Butler of Doohikey Designs
Each month one person leads our Bee
by sending each of us a package of fabric 
along with a block pattern.
We make the block (s) and then mail them back.
I have learned many new techniques 
through this process!
 Usually all goes well.
Every once in a while a package gets lost in the mail.
 Last June Shari sent me these cute Halloween fabrics.
Unfortunately they went to an old address where the package sat for months unnoticed.
Today I finally tracked it down!
YAY!
Usually the designer sends matching fabrics to all in the group
and they can be hard to replace.
Now I can make these suggested blocks
for Shari!
And to kick off September
Melissa Corry (Happy Quilting)
sent us pieces of
Smoors Love Collection
by Cosmo Cricket.
We have been asked to use our imaginations
and make a 
Camping/ Outdoors themed quilt block
anywhere from 12" X  12"  up to 18" X 21"
I'm looking for a free block pattern
If you have any suggestions,
please leave me a comment!

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I did a search in google on those words "camping outdoors quilt patterns" and a whole lot of images came up, not all patterns but maybe it would give you an idea in order to design your own?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

wow, three years! How fun. I agree, google images.

em's scrapbag said...

This line has a special place in my heart. My sister designed it. Trees come to mind or I recently did a quilt that was call pup tents.