Friday, September 27, 2013

Rene's Tuxedo Quilt and More

 Rene should win the second prize
for most quilts completed this last month
when we met Wednesday with
Those Mesa Ladies
She calls this one
Tuxedo
Table Topper size which will be a gift for a daughter.
A nice version of a Drunkard's Path
I love the black and white contrast.
 Rene is very good at 
making her backs as beautiful as her fronts.
 Beautifully machine quilted by Pat Roche (Pat's Just Quilting)
Belgian Waffles
by Happy Zombie
on Moda Bake Shop
 Most of the ladies in our group
made this quilt together a few years ago.
 Rene gives so many great ideas 
for designing backs to quilts.
Pattern by Sandy Workman
of Pine Needles
I love this quilt!
Pine Needles  also gives a free tutorial 
complete with cutting instructions
Rene used a great selection of 
Mary Engelbriet fabrics
and again made a terrific back.
I am hand delivering this one to Pat 
for her to work her magic
with the long arm quilting.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I love wonderful backs. :D Every once in a while, I prefer a solid-fabric backing, but usually I'd rather have a patched back that uses elements from the front (such as left-over blocks) in a whole new look. It's like getting a 2-for-1. :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all those scrappy quilts!!

needlesandfriends said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

These are great quilts, Nedra and I too love a great back!!