Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Pi Day

 Mr. Cactus is very analytical and originally went to college on Math scholarships.
This morning he 
 informed me that if 
you hold 3.14 up to a mirror
it looks like this:
How cool is that?
 And to make the day even more perfect for him,
Pie is his favorite dessert.
 For me, Math was my least favorite subject,
and unfortunately I'm not good at making pies, either.
But, I do work at a wonderful bookstore
Deseret Book
with a 
that bakes all day long.
The most wonderful aromas
waft across our aisles
tempting us continually.
 In honor of 
Pi Day
I will be bringing one of these home :)
*And , as a side note,
did you know that in 2009 the
U.S. House of Representatives 
passed a non-binding resolution
that recognizes March 14th 
as National Pi Day?
Grab a fork!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I thought I had all of the Lion House Cookbooks--how did I miss this one?? Looks like I better order it! Because I just might become a pie maker yet.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I can't say I make the best pie which is why I buy my pie crust! it is the only way they taste good.
(I hate math)

Janet O. said...

I have that book--I love making pies and plan on making some later today. BTW, my brother manages the local DB store.
That is a cool trick with the mirror. : )