Monday, July 9, 2012

More Scrappy Trips Around The World

In between projects, I like to pull out my scraps that have been cut into 2-inch strips and make a few more blocks for my Scrappy Trips Around The World.

This free pattern, complete with tutorial can be found over on Quiltville by Bonnie Hunter.
I've tossed the blocks I've finished so far up on the design wall, without organizing them in any way.
Totally random.
Totally scrappy.
At one point I may play with them a little, to make them a little more pleasing to the eye.
But right now I'm not even sure how big this quilt will be.
I plan to keep making blocks here and there, and using up as many scraps as I can.

The nice thing about the blocks is that you don't have to match fabrics.
I pull random strips out of a bag and try to place a light next to a dark to provide contrast.
Easy breezy.

8 comments:

Material Mary said...

Oh how I love this. This is definately on my to do list. Even pinned it to my quilt board...
Mary

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks really good. I read her blog but have never used one of her patterns for some reason.
Karen

fiberchick said...

I just love this Nedra! Have always wanted to make one of these and yours is definitely inspiring...

•stephanie• said...

okay, i just read that tutorial.
she's a genius.
i would have cut and sewn little squares together two at a time.
your quilt is going to be a show stopper!

beth said...

Oh my! I LOVE your quilt!

Unknown said...

Love your quilt, I like anythng that Bonnie Hunter does.

Janet said...

I love that quilt, it's been in the back of my mind for years so I'm happy to see yours.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

This is gonna be fabulous! What a fun way to use up scraps!