Friday, February 24, 2012

Stuph.From.Steph

While I was hanging out at Stephanie's, I asked her if she minded if I peeked around and looked at all her quilting "stuph".
After all, with a fun blog name like stuph.from.steph, I knew she had things worth ooohing and aaahing over.

Right as you walk in the front door, Stephanie has decorated her entrance with the cutest dresser complete with this happy table runner.

Very bright and cheery and Mary Engelbreit-ish

Decorations include this glass vase filled to the brim with wooden spools covered in fabric.
Inspiration came from Lori Holt's (Bee In My Bonnet) Fabric Spools Tutorial

Another glass vase was filled with colorful buttons.
I think I need to copy both these ideas for my someday sewing room.

The other side of the entrance wall is decorated with a quilt.


Beautiful quilts everywhere.
This one decorated Stephanie's livingroom.

I contained myself to the rooms at the front part of the house, but I'm quite sure there are many more quilts upstairs and in bedrooms. We'll just have to run over to Stephanie's blog to see more of her work.

I can tell you that when Stephanie isn't quilting, cooking, serving in her church, or taking care of her family, she is gardening.

Her yard was filled with an abundance of bright red geraniums and lush plants.
This is not a typical scene found in yards around the Metro-Phoenix area.
I know it helps that during February our winter temps have been in the 70's, with sunny blue skies.
But still, it takes a green thumb to cultivate flower beds like these.
So tempting to plant myself on Stephanie's front porch with book or quilting in hand, and watch the world go by.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh I love the flowers - it is almost time here to start with flowers but by then most of my yard is in the shade and I don't have much luck with them. The area of my yard I could plant with flowers always gets too much rain in the spring and they drown!
Love the quilts too especially that table runner.
Karen

em's scrapbag said...

Love that runner! And the button and spool jars are great ideas!

Gunn said...

So pretty! I love this long runner??? I am not sure on what you call it..... but one thing I am sure about it is lot`s of work and I have seen lots of creative and talented work in your blog!!