Thursday, September 22, 2011

Playing With Kaffes

I've pulled out my Kaffe Fassett fabrics and have begun a new scrappy quilt.
Here is a little sneak peek.

I love his use of big bold colorful geometric designs and florals.

In my Kaffe collection I have a good selection of his solid shot cottons and stripes to play with.
Just pulling them out of the bin and matching up possibilities makes me happy.


Did you know there are quite a few video's of Kaffe on You Tube?

If you are like me and know that taking a class from him is not a possibility right now, there are other ways to learn from Kaffe.

There is a 3-part workshop available on video.

Or, listen to a 2011 Interview in his London studio, Kaffe at a V & A workshop, or snippets from the AQS 2010 Paducah Show.

Scroll down the You Tube listings and you will have an opportunity to learn more about this great artist and his unique style.

9 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

A Scrappy Kaffe! Can't wait to see it.

Material Mary said...

can't wait to see what you make. Love his fabrics, colors, designs. It makes my heart sing...
Mary

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Oooh gorgeous!! Great idea looking for Kaffe on utube Nedra!!! xo

fiberchick said...

Your sneak peek is awfully enticing! Love KF...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, I can see how those fabrics would make you happy. Have fun!

Kristi said...

I love Kaffe fabric

Nat Palaskas said...

Wonderful array of Kaffe's collection you have got there Nedra. I love his solid shot cottons. I can use them in my Japanese style stitching - Hugs Nat

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this business leads directory for bulk silk fabrics import & export business.