Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mango Black Bean and Tomato Salad

We have been blessed with children who love to cook.
Last week when we were in Phoenix our two oldest daughters treated us to the most wonderful meals.
Being able to kiss on our grandbabies and spoiled with delicious food, I'm surprised we even came home.

As a family, we love anything with a Mexican flair. Recipes with rice, beans, or avocados always gets a thumbs up.
In fact our son-in-law owns several Costa Vida Fresh Mex restaurants in the Phoenix area.
I forgot to bring out the camera during dinner, but I did get a recipe for the Mango Black Bean and Tomato Salad made as a side dish by our daughter Aubrey.
Good job Aubrey!
Recipe courtesy of the Neelys and can be found on FoodNetwork.

Look at all these beautiful colors together.
I loved the sweet of the mango mixed with the spiciness of the cilantro, jalapeno and red onion.

A big batch is now marinating in the fridge for tonight's dinner.

Mango Black Bean and Tomato Salad
1 large mango, pitted and flesh diced
2 limes juiced
1/4 C. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (15 oz.) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 C. long-grained rice, cooled
1 C. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions: Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and toss. Cover the bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour for the flavors to develop or serve immediate.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Uhh, that looks real yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. And I love Costa Vida.

Unknown said...

That looks like the perfect dish... YUM!! Thank you for the recipe.

Lori Holt said...

Nedra...I can already tell I'm gonna LOVE this.
I'm putting the ingredients that I don't have on my shopping list!
Thanks bunches:)
xx
lori

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks Nedra for the recipe for this salad. I like rice in salad - Hugs Nat

Material Mary said...

Yum. It looks divine.
Mary

Lurline said...

Looks yummo - I will have to look up what black beans are in our language!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh that looks so good. I always want to use rice but never get around to using it. This is a great way. Thanks for the recipe.

melissa said...

Yum, We are eating it tonight!

Becky said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! DS is trying to go meatless. I'll try to make it for him (us) this weekend. It has ingredients that we love.

Cindy said...

This looks delish! I will be making it soon. Thanks for the recipe.