I've been sewing for months in preparation, and was quite looking forward to showing everyone the wonderful products that can be made with Texture Magic.
We were (maybe) 10 minutes into our presentation...
We were all evacuated to the pool area, and to the front of the lodge.
A fire had started in the chimney of the large fireplace in the lobby, and the smoke had gone into the ventilation system. All ended up well, the fire was put out quickly, and everyone was safe.
The locals were in quite the panic because Ruby's Inn has burnt to the ground TWICE, the last time in 1984.
And alas, the trunk show was basically over.
But we did put out a little table that evening for anyone who wanted to purchase Texture Magic, and the TM friendly patterns designed by Annie Unrein.
I wrote a little sign that said "Fire Sale" that drew a lot of laughs.
Hey, you gotta find the humor when these things happen.
(And most importantly I was grateful no one was hurt.)