Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Texured Tote #2

My daughter Aubrey has been seeing the totes I have been making out of Texture Magic and requested (very politely) that if I felt inclined, she would like one too.
She wanted a new bag to carry her scriptures to church on Sunday's and we agreed that Textured Tote would be just the right size.
I made this one as a Christmas present for her. Aubrey loves blue and simple designs.
Textured Tote pattern by Annie Unrein can be ordered through Superior Threads.

Texture Magic works well with many different kinds of fabric. I used a polyester for the outside of the bag, and a Kaffe Fassett cotton for the lining.
The covered button was made with the same fabric as the lining.

Fortunately I guessed right, and Aubrey was very happy with my fabric selections.

7 comments:

Material Mary said...

Cute bag Nedra. She indeed looks pleased.
Mary

PatchworkRose said...

So Effective Just love it :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Browndirtcottage said...

Well yee-ow she likes it!!! Love
the Kaffee!

Aubrey said...

I do love it! I stop and admire it any time I see it in my room. Thank you again for making it for me!

Carol said...

I can tell she just loves it...look at that wonderful covered button.

Lurline said...

Lovely, Nedra - Aubrey must make your feel so good!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Great tote, when I went to my LQS they had texture magic samples up and ready to buy!! So, someone in Illinois is doing their job!