Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quilter's Eye Candy

February's Show and Tell
with the Nimble Thimbles Quilt Guild
was like a basket full
of
Eye Candy
So many wonderful quilts!
 Kathy K. finished 
Easy Street
the Mystery Quilt offered 
through Bonnie Hunter
 I've noticed so many beautiful versions of this quilt floating
around Blogland.
Kathy is our program director and has arranged 
for Bonnie to come teach at our guild next year.
We can hardly wait!
 Lynette received a bundle of batiks at 
a guild meeting a while back,
and had never sewn with them before.
 She commented that now that she has played with them,
she is addicted to batiks!
 Ruth's Spider Web
I have this pattern on my to-do list
and really want to make one of these.
Such a great way to use up scraps.
 Every spider web needs a spider.
Do you see Ruth's spider in the orange fabric
on the bottom left?
What a fun idea.
 Since it's still February, a few
Valentine projects joined the line-up.
Ruth made some interchangeable pillow slips
with an embroidery machine.
 and Gudrun brought a 
Valentine wall hanging
 I really loved the 3-D effect of the hearts.
 It's not too early to gather ideas for next year:)
 Judy has been taking classes each month
of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
 This quilt is comprised of two blocks.
 Can you identify them?
 Another project from a class with Carrie.
 (sorry, I can't remember who brought this one) ??
I'll be posting more quilts
from Show and Tell 
tomorrow!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

as soon as I saw that first quilt I thought it was a Bonnie Hunter :) lovely quilts from your group as always

Needled Mom said...

Such wonderful talent!!!! I really need to finish my Easy Street.

I loved the 3-D hearts too....so cute!

fiberchick said...

Have never done one of Bonnie Hunter's mysteries. That Easy Street quilt is a beauty!

Janet said...

I love show and tell, there are some great projects there.