Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sedona

We are in Sedona, Arizona for a few days while Mr. Cactus attends a business conference.



Work, work, work.

Can you imagine sitting in a beautiful villa attending meetings while looking out on this fabulous Championship golf course at Seven Canyons?


This is my first time to Sedona.

Fabulous red rock formations very similar to ones near our home in St. George, Utah, except this area has trees.

Some believe there are spiritual vortexes in the area, spirals of concentrated energy that bring healing. Many New Age Believers come from all over the world, seeking balance from the rocks.

Many feel there is a gigantic reservoir of crystals inside the mountains, and others think there is a lost city.


While Mr. Cactus is in meetings, I have time to wander and to learn.

Did you know that Grayback Mountain, the highest monolith in Sedona is the model for Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland?

And that the Sedona McDonalds is the only one in the world to have turquoise arches? They just didn't feel that golden arches fit in with the terrain, and recieved special permission to paint them a desert color.

And yes, there is a Quilt Shop here! I will share more about that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've been to Sedona once and loved every single second of it. It's just so beautiful. I'm not sure how much I believe about vortex's but I did feel a strong urge to cry when I was at one of the alleged sites. It was really strange.

AnnieO said...

I lived in Sedona for a few months over 25 years ago--there were hardly any resorts or golf courses then :) The rocks are still as beautiful as ever and the Crystal People just as prevalent it seems :)

Lynette said...

What stunning pictures!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a unique Micky D's :) the country looks so beautiful out there - I bet it is hot though - but dry!
Have fun at the quilt shop.
I just don't understand how much business can get done with a beautiful golf course there - my son in law does business like that all the time LOL
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

It is fabulous, isn't it? Those red rocks are part of what brought us to St. George, too. Have a wonderful time!

Needled Mom said...

I love Sedona and that quilt shop is fabulous too. Enjoy the tough job!!!

Lois Evensen said...

This is fun! What a pretty place. :) It appears to be a perfect place to relax and reflect. Beautiful images.