Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kitten Embroidery

In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats. (English Proverb)


I'm really on a roll here. Just finished another Vintage embroidery piece, this one a little smaller than the others.
Measuring 5" X 4"
I really love the sweetness in the pose of this kitten, and look forward to finding a special spot for this piece in a baby quilt.

Cherries are just now coming into season, and I just purchased my first bag at the grocery store this week.
When ever I see cherries I always think of my grandfather.
He had a magnificent Bing cherry tree in his backyard in Northern California, and persisted in climbing ladders and harvesting fruit clear into his 90's.
I spent many an hour clambering up that tree as a child, and usually came down with deep purple stained fingers and lips.

Embroidered Kitten pattern by NeedleCrafter.com
There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten. (Champfleury)
"It's hard to concentrate on the work at hand when a kitten is playing at your feet."

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You are on a roll and they are looking fabulous!

quiltqueen73 said...

since I'm a cat lady, I love this piece. I've even searched some of my patterns, you're inspiring me. Think I will prepare a small piece to take on my trip next week.

life in red shoes said...

Are you familiar with the site Turkeyfeathers? She has great vintage patterns! Right now she is working on an embroidered quilt of the 50 state flowers. Stitch along!