Saturday, November 21, 2009

Working on Satchels Again.

I have been quite vocal on how much I love Kaffe Fassett fabrics. His colors and designs just call to me. So, about a year ago I started working on "Satchels" where every appliqued basket was made with Kaffe's.

Anybody remember this?

Or this?

Or these?
I had the quilt 90% finished and then it got put away while other things pushed to the front.
But, deep down I kept telling "Satchels" that she really was my favorite, and I would pay attention to her very soon.

This last week I have been quite focused on finishing Satchels. I thought I would dive in, devote a day or two and have her done.
Then the wheels in my brain started spinning and I began to visualize that this would be a perfect quilt to add in Texture Magic. I did some revamping, unpicking, restitching and finally "Satchels" is starting to look good.
I promise the big reveal will be very soon. Maybe.
Right now I'm practically jumping out of my skin every time the phone rings. Daughter #2 has a baby due any moment. (In fact she is past her due date). The minute she goes into labor I will jump in the car and be out the door in a flash for the 7 hour drive to Phoenix.
But until then, I'll keep stitching away on Satchels.

11 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh she is just too cute. Keep us posted Grandma!!

Sherri said...

Love those Kaffe satchels...can't wait to hear about the new grandbaby...my brother's wife is expecting any day now as well!!!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Ooooh, how exciting! A new baby! Can't wait to hear the happy news of a safe arrival.

MGM

PatchworkRose said...

those satchels have such pizazz. Gorgeous Colours Hope that baby arrives soon. How exciting :-)
Cheers
Lynne

Material Mary said...

The quilt is looking adorable. Just bought 6 Kaffe fat quarters the other day. Can't wait to do something bright and cheery with them!
Mary

Micki said...

I can't wait to see what you did with the Texture Magic! What a wonderful idea! It will really add a lot of dimension to the satchels. Congrats on the new baby arriving!
Micki

Rae Ann said...

I love your "Satchels" quilt blocks! I am anxious to see how you will set the blocks together. This quilt will be darling.
Good luck to your sweet daughter and have a safe trip!

Cathie in UT said...

So funny how if we let things marinate we end up getting a "good idea" LOL
Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Karen said...

Cute satchels. Good fabric choice for them.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh I know what you are going through. That wait! The quilt is going to be spectacular. I love sachels. Want to see more.

amy smart said...

These blocks are so adorable. The Kaffes really make it special.

Enjoy that new grandbaby (when it finally gets here) and have a safe trip to Phoenix!