Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stash & Dash Bags

I consider Audrey Hepburn one of the most beautiful women in the world. When asked to share her beauty tips she expressed these thoughts:
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People even more than things have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.
Ricci and I got together to work on this new pattern designed by Amy Butler called "Stash and Dash Bags". When I saw them on Kim's site last week I knew I had to make them.
I don't think I've put a zipper in for many years. All that quilting with not a zipper in sight! It was good to go back and review a few sewing skills.
I think the finished product turned out well. I even used Kim's idea to put rick rack on the zipper to use as a pull.
Ricci made hers out of some fabric she had left over from a quilt. For a zipper pull she used a very cute metal bird house. So many possibilities! We're excited to make a few more of these. The pattern comes in three sizes: A Toiletry bag (Large), a Make up bag (Medium) and a Coin Purse (small),

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty. I have an Amy pattern for the Frenchy Bag but have not made it yet. I see that in my future since I'm into my bag making mode right now.

Nanette Merrill said...

They turned out darling. I love the quote from Audrey. She was a beautiful person on the inside and out.

Kim Walus said...

That is a powerful quote and if we as women could adopt that same message there might be a lot less problems in this world like self esteem issues, vanity issues, pride issues, and a general lack of kindness one to another, etc.

We as mother's should share that quote with our daughters and grand daughters.

I'm glad you liked the Stash and Dash Bags. Yours turned out great!